Sunday, February 13, 2011

Finally have a timetable

This week I started a competition among my tenth graders to get them to do their homework and be good in class. They’re very excited and the reward is a movie, food, and drink at “Kayak” the after school place for the winning group. There was a massive rainstorm this week and the next morning when I went to my host family’s house for a ride to school (I can’t ride my bike when the roads are flooded) and there was a new ten foot wide river running in front of the neighborhood. After that storm it didn’t rain for two days. I like the rain better.

I started taking Afrikaans lessons again with my colleague’s thirteen year old daughter. It’s very humbling to be taught by a thirteen year old and a little annoying. I’m hoping to be fluent within a few months. We finally have a time table (schedule) that starts on Monday. My subject package includes grade 10 math and physical science, grade 8 math and physical science, grade 5-7 ICT and grade 5 religious and moral education. I’m not sure what to teach for religious education, especially to children who can’t seem to stop punching each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment