Monday, August 16, 2010

Now is the time

Here I am, sitting at the cusp of my destiny, in a hotel room, with someone who is barely more than a stranger. I have spent, at best, 24 hours, getting to know the 45 who are leaving in my same group. And yet, these are people who have the same mindset, the same ideals, nearly the same beliefs as I do. When the British surrendered at Charlestown they played “The world is Upside down,” but I am almost certain, that the world has never seemed more, “right side up” than it does now. Here, I know great people, who will do great things. I will never forget the great people who helped me along. But I feel now, now is the time that I live to my full potential, and do not only the things I’ve dreamed of, but do the things that all of my friends believe I am capable of.

Robert Neiberger

No comments:

Post a Comment